KevstaarDesign: About & Interview: The First Diamond

About & Interview: The First Diamond

KevstaarDesign Blog








About & Interview with London Female Rapper: The First Diamond









The First Diamond is no doubt one of the brightest stars to emerge from London, the North West London born star has now been in the industry for a little over two years. She may be slightly new to the game but both her sound and style are unique while her music is filled with energy and emotion. She is most definitely a welcome breath of fresh air in todays stifling and sometimes claustrophobic music scene.

She has released two MixTapes, her debut ‘Diamond In The Rough’ was highly accepted and praised by both fans and DJ’s and saw an increased demand for both her music and videos. This was followed by ‘Diamond In The Rough FT Editions’ which again was highly acclaimed and left fans eagerly wanting more. Her videos have amassed views of over 12,000 and can be seen on her YouTube Channel Youtube each of her videos are different and artistic just like the musician herself.

To date she has performed at Music Showcase UK and Talent Forever and is set to appear in many events later on in the year.
In a recent interview set to be published in a few months The First Diamond says ‘while I love performing and taking in the energy and vibe from a live audience, I’ve chosen to concentrate on writing, recording my MixTapes, producing videos and building on my fan base. I’m about to release my third MixTape and I’m working on my fourth project, alongside this I intend to increase my live performances. So all in all things are looking really good.’

While I have no set dates for upcoming performances and believe me I’ve tried to get the info, I have been assured that all fans will be fully notified as and when The First Diamond will be performing.

If you don’t know who this artist is then I suggest you get to know, with her talent and determination she will no doubt be all over radio stations and music TV. Follow her on Twitter. to stay updated on her performances, music and video releases.

Interview With The First Diamond

Q: So for the people that don't know you who is 'The First Diamond'
A: I am a female artist and songwriter from London. I’ve been doing music for about three years, umm I got the name Diamond when I was younger from a few people around the hood and it stuck, so when I got involved in music I decided to use it.
I was being compared to a few other female artists and I know there have been or are a few that have used the name diamond at some point so I wanted to be different and set myself aside from them. I wanted to be the first, to be the one and only, the original if you like. There is no one else like me, so I’m The First Diamond.

Q: Where did it all start for you?
A: I’ve always been surround by people within the music industry but growing up I played football and that was my main passion so I didn’t really have any time or interest in taking up other things.
A few years ago I went through something that made me re-evaluate my life. I took a glance at the state of the music scene at that time and realised I was able to do better than what was out there. So I kinda just dived head first and never looked back and here I am now I guess.

Q: So, What are your thoughts/feeling about the current state of the music scene?
A: The music scene as a whole is ok but could be a lot better. In the UK particularly right now I see it as being very flat. This year there have been a few good singles from a number of different artists but nothing that would make me as someone living abroad want to invest in the UK scene.

Q: How do you separate yourself from other artists?
A: To me it’s because I’m real, I’m 100% authentic. No matter what type of music I make, or where I am, or what I do, I will always be the same, I will always be me.
I won’t bow down or substitute my originality to fit into anyone else’s category of what I should do or what they think I should be like.

Q: Who influenced you as an artist?
A: There are a couple of artists out there that I listen to but I can’t honestly say I’m influenced by anyone. I tend to take inspiration from my life itself and the things I talk about in my music are things that are personal to me in one way or another.

Q: Who would you like to work with in the future?
A: Chris Brown, Miguel, Drake, Giggs, Wretch 32, are the main ones at the moment but honestly the list goes on for miles.

Q: Where can people find your stuff?
A: You can find my music on YouTube, ReverbNation and Soundcloud. I also have Some Mix-Tapes on Limelinx which can be downloaded for free, just type The First Diamond into the search bar and they will come up. They are called Diamond In The Rough and Diamond In The Rough FT Edition.
However I’m currently working on my website so all my work will all be accessible from there.

Q: How can people contact/interact and see what's going on in the world of 'The First Diamond'
A: You can find me on Twitter, Facebook, ReverbNation, Soundcloud & Youtube and all the links for them are below.

Q: Have you got anything you would like to say or anyone you would like to shout out?
A: Keep your eyes open for the release date of my NEW Mix-Tape #PrincessCutt in the next few weeks as well as new videos which I’m currently working on. I’d like to give a massive shout out to a good friend of mine and someone that makes it all possible@thatproducergi and my manager @scoopemag_kvp

Official Twitter
Official Facebook
Official Reverbnation
Official Soundclould
Official Youtube
Email: THEFIRSTDIAMOND@HOTMAIL.CO.UK

Write up done by: Scoope Mag© 2013
Interview done by: KevstaarDesign© 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © KevstaarDesign Urang-kurai